Thursday, May 1, 2008

Spring Break





It was Spring Break here the week of April 14-18th. The first day was beautiful. But I was busy finishing up our Arizona tax return. I had the Federal and Utah returns done and the refund had arrived weeks before, but the Arizona one was complicated and my computer program couldn't handle it, so it sat for awhile--waiting for me to get around to filling it out, attaching proper forms, etc. On April 14th, it finally made it to the top of the priority list. If I had known that the next three days were going to be cold--even some snow--I would have moved the tax preparation day to April 15th and done something outdoors with my kids on the 14th. But I didn't anticipate that. Tuesday-Thursday were cold but the middle two kids were saved by being invited to a sleep-over at their cousins. (Thanks!) Friday it finally cooperated and got warm again so we headed to the zoo with our cousins. My husband got off work early and met us there so we had an enjoyable time seeing the animals. Memberships here are barely more than it costs us for one visit to the zoo and the line to buy a memberships was much shorter than the line to buy tickets for just one day, so we now have a Hogel Zoo membership and can go back for the next year for free. The Hogel Zoo is about 1/4 of the size of the Phoenix Zoo, we discovered. But it is still a nice zoo so I'm sure we'll go back quite a few times this summer and fall. I don't think you'll be finding us there next winter, but who knows. As you can tell from the last photo, we succeeded in wearing out son #2 before we were through that day.

No comments: